This year spring leaf collection will take place during the last week of March through the first two weeks of April on regularly scheduled recycling days.
During the pickup, leaves raked to the curb next to green bin recyclables will be collected and disposed of by City recycling crews. A few guidelines have been posted to make this collection as easy and successful as possible:
- DON'T drive across leaf piles, as pets and kids may be playing in them.
- DO rake your leaves to the curb.
- DON'T allow your children to play in leaves along the street.
- DO remove any limb, rocks, or other heavy objects from leaf piles.
- DON'T park over a leaf pile, as the vehicle's exhaust may start a fire.
- DO avoid putting out leaves when snow is forecast.
- DON'T use plastic bags.
If you have any questions about the collection, please contact 301-258-6370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.