Recreational Opportunities at the Youth Center at Robertson Park
- General Activities - Sports/Games, Arts and Crafts, Special Holiday Events and Activities, Billiards, Play Station, Wii, X-Box, Foozball, Table Tennis, Air Hockey, Special Interest Groups
- Rock-Climbing Wall - Students learn the basic skills of rock-climbing from certified staff. All students must have a waiver signed by their parents before climbing.
- GYC Open Gym - Thursdays starting in September from 4 - 5 p.m. at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park. Play basketball, indoor soccer and more! Permission slips are available at the Youth Center.
- Girlzz Breaks/Boyzz Breaks - Great mentoring activities for girls and boys in middle school. Snacks, activities and open discussion on topics including peer pressure, self-esteem, stress, school, health and hygiene, safety and much more!
- Environmental Fun - Great learning activities come hand-in-hand with the environmentally - friendly characteristics of the Youth Center at Robertson Park.
Educational/ Service Opportunities at the Youth Center at Robertson Park
- Computer/Study Room - This quiet computer/study room will be available for kids doing homework or research.
- Homework Club/Tutoring Program - The kids can get homework help every day from 3 - 4 p.m. at the Youth Center. GYC staff in high school and college will be available for anyone who needs help with his/her assignments and reading/writing skills.
- “Cheers for Volunteers!” Community Service Program - If any students need service learning hours, send them our way! The Youth Center organizes monthly service projects. Information and permission slips will be available for each project.
School Year Hours
Monday- Friday: 2:45 - 7 p.m.
Half-days: Noon - 6 p.m.
Most Holidays: Noon - 6 p.m.
Open on select days for trips
See GYC Summer Schedule
Robertson Park Youth Center Calendar (pdf file)
GYC Registration Form (pdf file)
The GYC Shuttle
A shuttle to the Youth Center at Robertson Park is provided after school for GYC members at Ridgeview Middle School and Lakelands Park Middle School.
General Information for Participants at the Youth Center at Robertson Park
To Register for GYC Membership:
Any student in middle school can participate! Students can obtain registration forms from the Robertson Park Youth Center, the Activity Center at Bohrer Park or download above. Students attending LPMS and RVMS can obtain forms from school.
$15/residents and $18/non-residents
GYC members will receive a membership ID. The students MUST show their IDs to ride the GYC Shuttle, participate at the Youth Center, and get an additional discount at dances. There is a $5 charge for lost cards.
The Youth Center is a “drop-in” center. Students are required to sign in, but can leave the Youth Center to walk home or be picked-up by a parent at anytime during hours of operation.
The Youth Center at Robertson Park is an environmentally friendly Green Building