Police Department Recruitment - Lateral
The City is accepting applications for recruitment purposes at this time.
A lateral-hire MPCTC certified applicant does not attend the academy, but is assigned to a 5-week Field Training Program.
If an applicant is certified as a law enforcement officer in another state or federal service, then the applicant must attend a 5-week comparative compliance academy and upon completion is assigned to a 5-week Field Training Program.
- Start date is to be announced
- Applicants must bring valid photo ID
STARTING SALARY: $52,199 - $58,750(Depending Upon Experience)
To be considered for employment, applicants must meet the following standards:
- Have experience with a full-service police agency;
- Possess a current Maryland Police Training Commission (MPCTC) Certificate, or be certified as a law enforcement officer in another state or federal service and be eligible for Maryland Comparative Compliance;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude.
Excellent benefits and opportunities:
- Health, dental, vision, long-term care, long-term disability, and life insurance;
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal leave;
- Generous retirement plans;
- Tuition assistance program;
- Uniforms/equipment provided with dry cleaning allowance;
- Multilingual skills pay differential;
- Ten-hour patrol shifts with shift differential pay for evening and night shifts;
- Take-home vehicle program;
- Health, wellness, and recreation programs and incentives;
- $2,000 Bonus for satisfactory completion of two-year probationary period;
- Full Summary of Employee Benefits (pdf file)