Passport applications are accepted by appointment only at City Hall.
- Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For information or to schedule an appointment call 301-258-6330.
To apply for a passport you will need:
- A completed passport application.
NOTE: For updated forms and requirements check http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html
- Proof of United States citizenship in the form of:
- a certified birth certificate, or
- a naturalization certificate.
- One photograph:
- 2x2 inches in size, black and white or color,
- clear, front view, full face without hat or dark glasses.
- Proof of identity containing your signature and physical description or photograph in the form of:
- a previous U.S. passport,
- a Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship,
- a driver's license, or
- a government identification card or pass.
- Regular Service
$135 for adults, ages 16 and older ($110 passport fee plus $25 application fee)
$105 for children, age 15 and younger ($80 passport fee plus $25 application fee)
- Expedited Fee - $60 plus regular service fee. Additional $12.72 for overnight delivery.
- Only personal checks or money orders will be accepted with passport applications.
Please make checks payable to:
U.S. Department of State (Passport processing fee)
$110 - adult passport
$80 - child passport (under 16 years old)
City of Gaithersburg (Application fee)
$ 25 - adult or child passport
Fees for multiple passport applications submitted at the same time may be combined appropriately.
Expedited service fee should be added to U.S. Department of State processing fee when applicable.
For more information on passports:
U.S. Department of State Passport Services and Information Site
Passport forms can also be downloaded from the Internet: