Summer Street Resurfacing Schedule
The City of Gaithersburg Department of Public Works will be conducting street resurfacing activities from approximately July 1 to August 30. The work will include resurfacing of the existing pavement and the removal and replacement of the existing curb, gutter and sidewalk, as needed. Work will take place weekdays between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. The duration of the construction will depend on weather conditions.
Resurfacing is scheduled for the following streets:
- Cedar Avenue - From MD 355 to James Street
- Water Street - From Mills Road to Harmony Hall Road
- George Street - From the cul-de-sac to DeSellum Avenue
- James Street - From Cedar Avenue southeast to dead end
- Walker Avenue - From MD 355 to Russell Avenue
- Gold Kettle Drive - For the entire length within the public right of way
Affected neighborhoods and Homeowners Associations will be notified approximately two weeks prior to the beginning of construction on a street by street basis. Any parking restrictions will be posted 48 hours in advance of construction and will be strictly enforced by City Police.
Please check back for status updates. For additional information please call the Department of Public Works at 301-258-6370 or e-mail email@example.com.