Gaithersburg Collecting Much-Needed Supplies for End of School Year
The City of Gaithersburg Educational Enrichment Committee, in conjunction with the Division of Community Services, announces the kick-off a school supply collection drive. Several years ago the Committee conducted a survey of educators and found that supplies for teachers and students are much needed during the mid- and latter parts of the school year. As part of the GREAT program (Gaithersburg Recognizing Educational Achievement Today), the committee is collecting school supplies for distribution to Gaithersburg area schools in the spring.
Items specifically identified by local educators include:
- 2- and 3-inch binders
- Notebooks, notebook dividers and folders
- Blue and green construction paper and notebook paper
- Pencil pouches
- Regular and colored pencils and small sharpeners
- Red and blue pens
- Crayons, twistable crayons and markers
- Dry erase markers and erasers
- Glue bottles and glue sticks
- Scissors (especially for lefties)
- Clorox/ Lysol wipes
- Hand soap/ hand sanitizer
Donations may be brought to the Community Services office in the Wells/Robertson House facility at 1 Wells Avenue (next to City Hall) between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday from March 16 to April 1. Please contact Community Services Division Chief Maureen Herndon at email@example.com, 301-258-6395 x1 or visit the City’s website at www.gaithersburgmd.gov/communityservices for more information.