Storm Emergency Contact and Utility Numbers
- Dial 9-1-1 for a life-threatening emergency; this includes downed electric wires
- Call 301-279-8000 for police-related non-emergency calls.
- Call 3-1-1 (240-777-0311 from a cell phone) for questions regarding County Government services, programs and/or issues or go to www.MC311.com for online help. MC311.com is available on smart phones.
Reporting Power Outages: Residents should report any power outages directly to their local power company:
- PEPCO, call 1-877-737-2662 or go to the PEPCO website www.pepco.com
- Baltimore Gas and Electric, call 1-877-778-2222 or go to the BG&E website www.bge.com
- Potomac Edison (formerly Allegheny Power), call 1-888-544-4877 or go to the Potomac Edison website www.firstenergycorp.com.
Reporting Downed Trees:
For downed trees on public property, Montgomery County residents should call 3-1-1 or 240-777-0311 from outside the county or from a cell phone, or file a report at www.MC311.com. Gaithersburg residents should call 301-258-6370 to report trees down on City roadways and property. That phone number is manned until 4 p.m., after that it is monitored for meesages by City Public Works staff. If live wires are involved, the tree is blocking a roadway, the tree is on a structure or if anyone is trapped under a fallen tree, call 9-1-1.