The 6,500 square Youth Center provides fun and educational after school activities and features a state-of-the-art video and audio studio.
Featuring a State-of-the-Art Video
and Audio Studio
Check out these music and video classes and activities…
- Innov8 After School – an after-school video program
- Intro to Sound – Music recording and producing class
And you'll also find…
- Ping Pong
- Air Hockey
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Computers for Homework Use
- Outside Basketball Court
Recreational Opportunities at the Youth Center in Olde Towne
- General Activities – Sports/Games, Arts and Crafts, Special Holiday Events and Activities, Billiards, Play Station, X-Box, Foozball, Table Tennis, Air Hockey, Student Service Learning Hours
- Cooking, exercise and nutrition programs where participants can begin to live a healthier lifestyle
- Girlzz Break
- Boyzz Break
- Homework help and afterschool study opportunity.
Educational/Service Opportunities at the Youth Center in Olde Towne
- Computer/Study Room – this quiet/study room is available for kids doing homework or research
- Homework Help/Tutoring Program – Kids can get FREE tutoring and homework help…everyday from 3 - 4 p.m. at the Youth Center.
- Student Service Learning Opportunities.
The GYC shuttle
- A shuttle to the Youth Center in Olde Towne is provided after school for GYC members at Forest Oak Middle School.
General Information for Participants at the Youth Center in Olde Towne
- Any student in middle school can participate. Students can obtain registration forms from the Youth Center, Activity Center at Bohrer Park or download above. Students attending Gaithersburg Middle School or Forest Oak Middle School may also obtain the forms from school.
- Membership Fee - $15 for resident and $18 for nonresident for the year!
- Cards: GYC members will receive a membership card. The students MUST show his/her card to ride the GYC shuttle, participate at the Youth Center, and get an additional discount at dances. There is a $5 charge to replace lost cards.
- "Drop-in" Center: The Youth Center is a "drop-in" center. Students are required to sign-in upon arrival, but can leave the Youth Center to walk home or be picked-up by a parent at anytime during hours of operation.
Questions? Please contact: Maura Dinwiddie at 301-258-6350 ext 168 or email@example.com.
Olde Towne Youth Club Schedule
Middle School Hours
2:45 - 7 p.m. Monday - Friday
High School Hours
4:30 - 7 p.m. Monday - Friday
Monday through Friday
Noon to 6 p.m.
Youth Club Membership required.
$15 - City Resident
$18 - Nonresident
GYC Registration Form (pdf file)
This is Gaithersburg’s second green municipal building and it features some of the most up-to-date technologies and earth friendly techniques, including:
- A vegetated roof
- Photovoltaic panels
- A geothermal heating and cooling system
- Insulation made of soy beans
- Floors made of recycled tires
- Cabinetry made of wheatboard