The Dog Exercise Area (DEA) in Green Park is an approximately 1 ½ acre fenced area (two sections: 17,000 sq. ft. and 43,000 sq. ft.) where you can take your dog off leash.
|NOTICE TO PATRONS:
Due to a recent number of break-ins, patrons are urged not to leave valuables in vehicles. Anyone with information regarding these thefts should contact City Police Sergeant Scott Scarff at 301-258-6400.
City residents must have a current pet license for each dog in order to use the facility. Pet license applications are available at City Hall, 31 South Summit Avenue, or you may call 301-258-6343 and request that one be mailed to you. Applications also are downloadable from this site.
Nonresidents must have a DEA membership in order to use the facility. DEA Membership applications are available at City Hall or call 301-258-6343 and request that one be mailed to you (applications are not available on the web). Nonresidents must submit the following for membership:
- Completed application for each dog
- Current Rabies Certificate for each dog
- Current photograph of each dog
- $60 fee for each dog
Memberships are valid for one year from issuance.
For health and safety purposes, portions of the DEA will be closed as necessary for maintenance. The grass section will be closed annually during the winter months to preserve the turf.
YOU are responsible to abide by these rules. Please take time to read and understand them completely.
PLEASE NOTE: VIOLATIONS MAY RESULT IN A FINE OF $100 PER INCIDENT.
THIS AREA IS NOT SUPERVISED. OWNERS ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DOGS AT ALL TIMES! THE CITY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR CONDUCT OF DOGS OR THEIR OWNERS.
- All dogs must be accompanied by an owner or handler at all times.
- Owners must remain in the Dog Exercise Area at all times and keep their dogs in sight and under their control.
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and shall be held responsible for any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Any dog showing aggression toward people or other dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the Dog Exercise Area by its owner.
- Dogs with a known history of aggressive or dangerous behavior and/or dogs that have displayed aggressive or dangerous behavior at this facility are prohibited.
- Any dog barking continuously or uncontrollably must be removed from the Dog Exercise Area.
- Owners shall carry a leash at all times, and dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the Dog Exercise Area.
- Owners are responsible for securely latching both gates as they enter or exit.
- Owners must pick up and properly dispose of their dog's feces.
- Any dog using the Dog Exercise Area must be currently vaccinated against rabies and legally licensed.
- Dogs shall not be allowed to dig. Any holes created by a dog shall be immediately filled by the dog's owner.
- Children must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult that will be accountable for the behavior and well being of the child. Children should be discouraged from approaching or playing with strange dogs.
- Puppies using the Dog Exercise Area must be four (4) months of age or older.
- No female dog "in heat" or "in season" is allowed in the Dog Exercise Area at any time.
- No eating or smoking is allowed inside the Dog Exercise Area. No dog food treats or toys from home, except tennis balls, are allowed in the Dog Exercise Area.
- Professional dog trainers may not conduct their business inside the Dog Exercise Area. There shall be no dog grooming inside the Dog Exercise Area.
- People who violate these rules are subject to removal from the Dog Exercise Area and may be prohibited from using the facility.
- No bare feet allowed in the Dog Exercise Area.
- No spiked dog collars are allowed in the Dog Exercise Area.
VIOLATIONS CAN BE REPORTED BY CALLING
ANIMAL CONTROL 301-258-6343
Download the Rules and Applicable City Code in PDF Format
This form is provided in PDF format and can be viewed with the Adobe Acrobat Reader. This format will enable you to view the document as it appears
in print. If you do not already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed follow the link above to Adobe's free download area.