Recycling will be collected as scheduled. Bulk pick up collection will resume June 1. Spring loose leaf collection will be collected in the fall. More Information.
Curbside loose leaf collection is available twice a year to single family homes & townhouses only. Collection is made weekly on your recycling collection day, however there may be a one to two-day delay during busy periods. Place leaves at the street curb by 7 a.m. on your recycling day. Leaves placed in alleys or mews will not be collected.
Loose Leaf Collection
Please review the calendar below for specific dates.
Fall Loose Leaf Collection
The last week of October through the last business day of December, weather permitting.
Spring Loose Leaf Collection
The last week of March through the first two weeks of April, weather permitting.
Spring Loose Leaf Collection - SUSPENDED
- Date: - (all day)
Due to the stringent guidelines necessary to help slow the spread of infection of the Coronavirus, all but the most essential City services are suspended through at least April 30, 2020.
Spring Loose Leaf Collection is suspended & will be rescheduled.
Please do not rake your leaves to the curb. Leaves should be placed in biodegradable brown paper bags & left curbside with other recyclables on your weekly collection day. For more information about the collection of yard waste click here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Loose Leaf Collection Guidelines
- Collection is suspended on Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- Collection is suspended during inclement weather. During periods of potential storm activity, please delay leaf raking until after the effects of the storm have passed.
- Please remove limbs, rocks or other heavy objects from leaf piles.
- Never drive across or park over a leaf pile.
- Do not allow children to play in leaves along the street.
- Do not rake leaves into gutters or streets. Rake them into grassy areas behind the curb line to allow water to flow into catch basins. This will help prevent the basins from clogging and will help prevent street flooding. Assistance moving leaves already in gutters to grassy areas would be greatly appreciated.
- The burning of leaves is not allowed in the City.
Brush & Branches
Collected when placed at the curb on your recycling day, laid straight, tied in bundles or placed in biodegradable brown paper bags. Items must be no more than 4 inches in diameter and 6 feet in length, and weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Grass Clippings & Other Yard Trimmings
Collected when placed at the curb on your recycling day in biodegradable brown paper bags.
Holiday Trees are considered yard waste & will be collected following these guidelines.