Explore and read the top news stories in Gaithersburg. View archived press releases here.
Select Facilities Open for Public Access by Appointment Only
June 15, 2020 marks the start of the City of Gaithersburg’s Phase 1 reopening plan.
June 15, 2020 marks the start of the City of Gaithersburg’s Phase 1 reopening plan. Select City facilities are open to the public by appointment only, and several previously suspended services have been restored. A detailed Phased Service Restoration Plan is available and will be updated regularly as the situation changes.
“We are excited to once again be able to offer many of our services in-person by appointment,” said Acting City Manager Dennis Enslinger. “I’m thankful to our very dedicated staff who creatively adjusted during the shutdown to offer as much as possible online and by phone. With safety precautions in place, we are now ready to expand our offerings and welcome the public back into some of our facilities.”
Facilities open by appointment only include: City Hall, Public Works, the Police Station Lobby, the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, and Kentlands Mansion.
Among the services being restored during the City’s Phase 1 are:
- On-site inspections of non-occupied buildings and on-site inspections of occupied buildings for life safety issues
- Proactive, complaint based in-person exterior maintenance, zoning and nuisance inspections
- Animal related nuisances
- Allowed use of playground equipment under certain safety precautions
- Acceptance of reservations for fields and pavilions, which will open in Phase 2
- Time slot reservations accepted for one-hour lap swimming only at the Water Park in Phase 2
The City’s entry into Phase 2, which sees even move services restored and allows walk-in customers under certain health precautions, will be driven by advice from the Montgomery County Health Department and will be dependent upon City staffing levels and the implementation of procedural adjustments.