The Olde Towne Youth Center is Gaithersburg’s second green municipal building. Using the most up-to-date technologies and earth friendly building techniques during its construction, the building’s green features include a vegetated roof, photovoltaic panels to help offset the electrical load, a geothermal heating and cooling system, insulation made of soybeans, floors made of recycled tires, and cabinetry made of wheatboard.
- General Activities – Sports/Games, Arts and Crafts, Special Holiday Events and Activities, Billiards, Play Station, X-Box, Foozball, Table Tennis, Air Hockey
- Healthy Programs – Cooking, exercise and nutrition programs where participants can begin to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Girlzz Breaks/Boyzz Breaks – Great mentoring activities for girls and boys in middle school. Snacks, activities and open discussion on topics including peer pressure, self-esteem, stress, school, health and hygiene, safety and much more!
- Computer Stations – Available for kids doing homework or research.
- Homework Help – Kids can get homework help Monday through Thursday from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Youth Center.
- Student Service Learning Opportunities
The GYC Shuttle
A shuttle to the Youth Center in Olde Towne is provided after school for GYC members at Forest Oak Middle School.
- Any student in middle school can participate. Students can obtain registration forms from the Youth Center, Activity Center at Bohrer Park or in the Documents section of this page. Students attending Gaithersburg Middle School or Forest Oak Middle School may also obtain the forms from school.
- Yearly Membership Fee – $20 Residents / $25 Nonresidents
- Cards – GYC members will receive a membership card. The students MUST show his/her card to ride the GYC shuttle, participate at the Youth Center, and sign out equipment at the center. There is a $5 charge to replace lost cards.
- “Drop-in” Center – The Youth Center is a “drop-in” center. Students are required to sign in upon arrival, but can leave the Youth Center to walk home or be picked up by a parent at anytime during hours of operation.