Finance and Administration is responsible for the receipt and disbursement of City funds, financial reporting and assisting with procurement functions.
Activities and responsibilities include:
- The receipt and disbursement of City funds
- Financial reporting
- Investment of idle funds
- Control of fixed assets
- Collection of taxes and assessments for special projects
- Assisting all departments in procuring supplies, materials, equipment, and services
Duties also include assisting the City Manager in preparation of the annual budget and supervising the City insurance program.
This Division provides accounting and internal controls for the City and all departments. Its responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely vendor payments
- Payroll processing
- Record keeping for grants and contractual agreements
- Development of the City’s annual financial reports
- Supervising of the City’s annual budgeting process
The City of Gaithersburg consists of ten Departments. These Departments work closely with the Procurement Division of the Department of Finance and Administration to purchase a variety of goods and services ranging from office supplies to multi-million dollar construction projects.