October 13, 2019
12 - 5 PM
Dust off your dirndl, grab your lederhosen and get ready to Prost! The 28th annual celebration of Oktoberfest is on Sunday, October 13, 2019, from noon to 5 p.m. The festival takes place in and around the Arts Barn, Kentlands Mansion and Kentlands Village Green and along Main Street and Market Square.
Admission & parking are free. Free wheelchair accessible shuttle service will run regularly during festival hours to and from satellite parking at 101 Orchard Ridge Drive, just off of Quince Orchard Road.
Experience a taste of Germany right in your own backyard with performances by the ever-popular Alte Kameraden German Band & Alt-Washingtonia Bavarian Dancers. Savor traditional festival food while sipping Maryland varietal wines and enjoying selections from our event partner, Dogfish Head, and other local microbreweries.
Fall festivities also include professional pumpkin carving and apple cider pressing demonstrations, free horse-drawn wagon rides, hands-on crafts, pumpkin and face painting, balloon twisting, bubbles, crafters, family activities, and strolling entertainers. Enjoy four stages of live entertainment featuring variety bands and community groups, stroll through the business expo, and explore restaurants & retail establishments within the Kentlands. Please note some activities have a nominal fee.
Note that no unauthorized alcoholic beverages, scooters, skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, or weapons, real or facsimile, are permitted at the Festival. Licensed & leashed pets are permitted in the Festival but not encouraged due to large crowds & noisy environments.
Kentlands Old Farm
- Noon – 5 p.m. – Alte Kameraden Band & Alt-Washingtonia Bavarian Dancers
- Dogfish Head Alehouse – Featuring 60 Minute IPA, Namaste, Festina Peche & Punkin Ale (21+ only. Valid ID required.)
- Main Food Court – Authentic German fare & other delicious options
Kentlands Mansion Area
|12 - 2 PM||Lloyd Dobler Effect|
|2 - 2:30 PM||Halloween Costume Parade|
|2:30 - 5 PM||Chasing Autumn|
- Noon - 4:30 p.m. – Free Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides around Inspiration Lake
- Food & Wine Vendors – Dragonfly Farms & Linganore Winecellars (21+ only. Valid ID required.)
- Okto-BOO-fest - Arts Barn presents a haunted art gallery, themed art activities, games, a trick-or-treat scavenger hunt, live artist demos & costume parade.
- Third Annual Plein Aire Paint Out
- Free kids activities including hands on craft activities, interactive bubbles and balloon twisting, a pumpkin bounce house & a farm animal petting zoo.
- Artisan Square & Briscoe Street – Delight in one-of-a-kind handmade crafts including jewelry, pottery, accessories & more. Learn about nonprofit organizations providing valuable services to our community.
|12 - 2 :15 PM||Vinyl Rhino|
|2:45 - 5 PM||Get Steady|
- Food & Beer Vendors – True Respite Brewing Company, Elder Pine Brewing & Blending Company & Supreme Core Cider (21+ only. Valid ID required.)
- Free Paint & Sip classes & fun kids activities
- Pumpkin Carving Demos – Amazing artistic pumpkins created all day long
- Inflatables – Challenge yourself with a corn maze & lifesize hungry hippos game
- Chalk Art – Get creative on the streets with chalk
- Apple Pressing – Try out the apple press
- Business Expo on Main & Inspiration Streets featuring Kentlands & area businesses – giveaways, activities, shopping, prizes, raffles & more
Market Street & Square
Market Square Stage
Interactive kids emcee DJ Sweetpea will be performing 12 - 5 PM, with pop up performances by:
|12:30 PM||Metropolitan Ballet Theater & Academy|
|1 PM||Kicks Karate|
|2 PM||CoMMotion Dance|
|3 PM||Victorian Lyric Opera Company|
|4 PM||McGrath Morgan Academy of Irish Dance|