Volunteers play a crucial role in sustaining the quality of life in Gaithersburg. By giving of their time and talents, they help to feed the hungry, house the homeless, increase literacy, provide mentoring for young people, and so much more. Many local agencies are currently seeking volunteers. In-kind donations are also needed. For more volunteer opportunities visit the Montgomery County Volunteer Center.
Organizations Offering Volunteer Opportunities
- City of Gaithersburg Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture
- City of Gaithersburg Benjamin Gaither Center
- Community Action Agency
- Every Mind
- Family Services, Inc.
- Gaithersburg Help
- Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland
- Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc.
- Housing Opportunities Commission
- Interfaith Works, Inc.
- Manna Food Center
- Mercy Health Clinic
- Mobile Medical Care, Inc.
- Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- The Senior Connection
- Stepping Stones Shelter
- Women Who Care Ministries