Gaithersburg has entered Phase 2 of its Phased Service Restoration Plan. City Hall is now open for walk-in services. Click here for more information regarding Fire Protection Permits.
City issued Fire Protection Permits are required for the following:
- Sprinkler systems - New and alterations
- Fire alarms - New and alterations
- Fire protection hood and duct - New and alterations
- Clean agent
- Smoke control systems
- Other fixed suppression systems
- Blasting, explosives, fireworks and pyrotechnics
- Floor resurfacing (flammable liquids)
Early submittal of Fire Systems Permits will eliminate delays in construction. Permits may be submitted concurrently with building permits, reviewed at the same time and issued once the building permit is issued.