Whether building a fence, shed, deck, an addition to a home, or constructing a commercial building, the proposal must comply with the zoning of the property. Because there are a variety of zoning restrictions, there are variable Development Review procedures within the City that are specific to the request. Gaithersburg’s Planning Division is here to assist with the development process.
The Planning Division provides Planner of the Day services Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.. With this service, a professional Planner is available to the general public and developers to answer zoning and development related questions over the phone at 301-258-6330, via email at email@example.com, and in person at City Hall, 31 South Summit Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
Typical questions that are answered by the Planner of the Day include:
- What is the zoning of my property?
- What type of business is permitted at my property?
- What is the approval process for a new building or building addition?
- What is the approval process for annexation or rezoning?
- What are the zoning restrictions for an addition, shed, fence, deck, or garage?
- What does the sign ordinance allow for my property?
All of these questions and more can be answered by our Planner of the Day. Give us a call. We are glad to help!